right now I am still shooting with the istDS, it only shoots PEF.

I do have another K5=IIs on the way though. jco

On Tue, 31 Jul 2018 00:18:06 -0400, William Robb <anotherdrunken...@gmail.com> wrote:

I told him that a couple of weeks ago.

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018, 1:49 PM Paul Stenquist <pnstenqu...@mac.com> wrote:

Your camera can shoot RAW DNG files. Your version of ACR can open them.
Paul

> On Jul 30, 2018, at 3:44 PM, J.C. O'Connell <hifis...@gate.net> wrote:
>
> Last week I was looking for solutions for developing K=5IIs raw files
> into jpgs as my ACR for PS CS2 does not support that camera. Someone
suggested
> Irfanview, so I installed the latest version V4.51 64 bit. opening the
raw files
> from my istDS to try it, I was disappointed compared to ACR and PS CS2.
I left
> Irfanview installed on my system however.
>
> Then later, something interesting happened. While in PS, I opened a
istDS raw file
> from the file menu and instead of ACR interface kicking in, an Irfanview
interface
> kicked in, with sliders for exposure, shadows, highlights, brightness,
colorspace,
> etc and an "open" button. Basically its a replacement for ACR, but if Im
lucky, it
> is up to date with all models of pentax DSLRs and it should be able to
open K-5IIs
> raw files as well as istDS file.
>
> Anyone else using irfanview interface instead of ACR with PS?

follow the directions.

follow the directions.

--
J.C. O'Connell