That's a fine image , Dan. Pristine Monarch & colourful flowers. I'm waiting for your first shot of "natural" eggs.

Alan

On 11-Aug-18 06:01 AM, Daniel J. Matyola wrote:
I've been receiving Monarch Butterfly eggs on small milkweed plants,
raising the through the Larval and Pupal stages, and releasing them into my
yard.  They head right for the butterfly bushes, and have been hanging
around our pool patio on sunny afternoons.

The desired end, of course, is to have the released Monarchs (or casual
visitors) lay eggs on the milkweed I have planted in the yard and in large
pots on the deck.  Here is an image of one of the Monarchs checking out one
of my milkweed plants:

http://dan-matyola.squarespace.com/danmatyolas-pesos/2018/8/10/on-milkweed

K-5 IIS, FA 100 mm Macro F 2.8
Comments and criticisms are both invited and appreciated.

Dan Matyola

---