That's an interesting video and it touches on some of the concerns I had with the AS plate system, namely whether it has a safety catch that would prevent accidental detachment. But I watched some videos of the AS system and it seems that some of the heads - or maybe its a factor of the plate - have a safety catch the keeps a loose plate from falling off the head. Having to use a hex tool instead of a d-ring / wing nut type tightening setup was also a concern for me, but it looks like there are AS plates with d-ring type tighteners. It seems that in terms of variety of plates available, the AS system offers a lot of options. I didn't know about the many accessories that you can get that can also mount on AS plates - like macro flash brackets - that look pretty interesting.  I'm going to visit the local camera shop this afternoon and try some things out first hand.

Mark