Yes. One is square and the other isn't. If you post using the default aspect ratio on IG, you get a square. If you want the rectangle, you have to touch the little angle bracket button on the bottom left of the selection screen.

IG's rectangle is squat, though, so some vertical or horizontal shots won't fit. With a bit of practice, you can learn which images will work and which won't.