mike wilson wrote on 10/1/18 9:25 PM:
On 01 October 2018 at 21:03 Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:

mike wilson wrote on 10/1/18 12:36 PM:
On 01 October 2018 at 20:20 Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:

A friend took me for a ride yesterday. Here's a shot of the rockers of
the 9072 cubic inch supercharged v16 two stroke diesel motor
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/30101771757/in/album-72157671867972797/

Sounds (and looks) like a train engine.

Exactly, there's a photo of the windshield showing the parking permits
for the Boardwalk.

It was Roaring Camp's engine 2641, an EMD CF7.

I didn't look at the album page.  Should have realised there would be more. 8 -)

I'm getting better about posting fewer links to the photos themselves, but it's very rare that I'll only post one from a day of playing with my camera.

There's an interesting Wiki page on the motive unit.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMD_567

Awesome thanks.

I was trying to figure out how much torque that thing generated. Wikipedia said something like 32,000 lbs of tractive force which works out to 53,000 lb ft of torque, if my mathing is correct.

--
Larry Colen           l...@red4est.com          http://red4est.com/lrc
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/collections/72157612824732477/