John Coyle <jco...@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Peregrine Falcons seem to like inner-city high-rise buildings, there was also
> a pair nested on the
> tallest tower in Brisbane for several years!

Some years back there were several pair (I think peregrine, not
certain) nesting on university buildings in Montreal. Some biologists
were re-introducing them after the breed had died out or been killed
off in Eastern Canada. Apparently they used to nest in large numbers
on cliffs along the river & prey mostly on gulls.

Some pigeon fanciers in the city protested rather loudly. I was
definitely rooting for the falcons.