Well, recognition is good and all but it doesn't help pay for the equipment habit.

On 10/1/2018 3:08 PM, Ken Waller wrote:
Had another image of mine chosen as photo of the day at WWF -

http://dailywildlifephoto.nathab.com/photos/12546-migrating-09-29-2018

Taken a while back in Denali National Park, Alaska with the *ist D and an FA 600mm f4.0 on a Gitzo tripod with a Kirk King Cobra gimbal head. The was captured late August/early spring and the sky was full of cranes migrating - the sound and sight was simply awesome.

This image was used in one of the PDML books.

I was setting up on a different subject when I heard the prehistoric squawking of a flock of Sandhill Cranes - I swung the rig around, fired off several shots and this was the best of the bunch. I really like the equal spacing between the birds, the different wing positions and the rhythmic line the flock was flying in.

Comments appreciated.

Kenneth Waller

    - P.J. O'Rourke