----- Original Message -----
From: Aaron Reynolds
Subject: Re: Q-Lab

> On Friday, May 31, 2002, at 05:30  AM, Shel Belinkoff wrote:
>
> > What's a Q-Lab?
>
> A lab that exclusively uses Kodak chemistry and paper and
conforms to
> strict Kodak standards that make Kodak films look good, often
with the
> side effect of making other brands of film look bad.

Har!! While not a Q-lab (you have to be E-6 for that
designation), we are a Colour Watch lab (thats one of the
designations for C-41). Our machines use the SM chemistry packs,
which means the machines mix the chemistry on board by drawing
concentrates directly from the containers and mixing them with
water in a sub tank.
Nice system. No more chemical mixing, just drop a box onto the
reciever of the machine and close the door.
Where you notoce a problem is when you are setting up control