Following recent discussions on this, I just found one advantage of using
the subscription model for both Adobe and Microsoft.  I had a frustrating
experience with my desktop (W10 pro, 64-bit, i5 CPU) running very slowly,
like 2 minutes to open any Office 365 program, multiple seconds to respond
to a keystroke, and finally a message that Windows itself could not operate.
I tried all the usual fixes, cleaning, defragging etc., none of which made
any difference. So, in the end I decide to reset Windows, which I knew was
going to mean re-installing my apps: however, with both Adobe and Microsoft,
all I needed to do was to log in to my account and magically the latest
versions were available to be installed!  Other apps I either had the
original DVD's or had the setup files from the original downloads, so the
whole process to get back to a working PC took only one day in all, and it's
also meant a significant clear out of software I only used very
occasionally.  It's just like having a new computer!

John in Brisbane