Why would a company list an item on their website marked "In store purchase only; no pickup" when the item is not available in the stores?

According to the store manager, the item is ONLY on the website. They have NEVER carried it in any of the stores she worked at.

Wasted 15 miles & 3 hours time.

In other NEWZ - we're getting two new grocery chains here in Raleigh ... or I should say we're getting another new grocery chain here, Publix has already opened stores in the area, although none of them is really convenient for me, but there's a sign on a new shopping center expansion about two miles from my house that says it's going to include a Wegmans.

Kroger pulled out of North Carolina a few months back & one of the stores they closed was the one nearest my house that I had been shopping the last 30 years or so. The new Wegmans will be about a block closer to my house than Kroger was.

I'm still hoping Lowe's Foods, Harris Teeter or Publix will take over the old Kroger space.