That's life. Either way you pay your money & take your chance.

Alan C

On 05-Dec-18 03:50 AM, P. J. Alling wrote:
It's beginning to look like I'm going to have to get my K-5 II repaired.  However none of the reviews  of Precision that I've read on line gives me warm fuzzy feelings.  In fact I get the feeling that they're the same A-holes, maybe even the very same, who made such a "good" impression on me when I was selling cameras retail, forty years ago.

It doesn't seem reasonable to send the camera to them for a fixed fee of $303.00, (I could drop it off, I suppose, and save the shipping, maybe.  Precision is headquartered, only about a 40 minute drive from me), but then I might want to strangle someone and it might prove to be too easy to do.

This is especially galling since KEH.com has a Bargain, K-5II in stock that I could get for $285.00 with free shipping, and four times the warranty.

It almost seems that they don't want us to repair our equipment.

---