Jostein Øksne wrote:

>The istD is still a good camera. Software has come a long way in fifteen years.
>The camera I miss the most is actually the K10D. It had very special raw
>files, with its sensor oversampling technique.

Oh yeah. The K-10D had a nice "look" to its images. Not nearly as mush
dynamic range as today's sensors and obviously a bit noisier, but
wonderful when used within its limits. As is the ist-D sensor, of
course.

>It's a nice image too, Mark. Love the play of sunlight and shadow across the
>landscape.

I suppose that's the real point: When the light is good most of the
job is taken care of for you, no matter what camera/sensor you're
using.