So what does it look like mounted on the camera?

On 2/15/2019 16:48:52, Mark Roberts wrote:
I just got an L-bracket for my K-1. I picked up a new old stock Three
Legged Thing QR10-L for a great price: $39.00

It worked acceptably as-is but the base plate covered the battery door
slightly, necessitation the loosening of the bracket with every
battery change. Annoying. But it was a simple matter to fix it. I just
disassembled the bracket (two allen-head bolts), sawed off 5mm of the
bottom plate, drilled extra depth into the bolt holes, tapped with the
proper thread and reassembled. Nuthin' to it.

Obviously, the end I sawed off no longer has that beautiful anodized
finish, but it's hidden when the bracket is assembled so it's no big
deal.

Snapshots here: https://www.robertstech.com/temp/TLTQR10L.jpg

The bad news is that the QR10-L is discontinued and its replacement,
the QR11-L mounts the vertical part of the bracket *on top* of the
base plate rather than bolted to the end, as with the QR10-L (see
B&H's web page:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1284442-REG/3_legged_thing_qr10_l_100mm_l_bracket_release.html)
so this trick won't work with the current product. So if this seems
like a good solution to you you're going to have to scramble and find
an old QR10-L.