On 5/12/2019 11:59 PM, lrc wrote:

Very nice.  What you did is no more "post production" than making a print from
a negative.

I think it akin to making my own prints, rather than having prints made by someone else. Back in the day I shot tons of Tri-X and a fair amount of Plus-X, which I processed and printed myself. I made contact sheets, and I see your point. By having full control of the print making process I could optimize the prints through my choice of paper and exposure. I was never much of one for dodging with the Super Omega C (even though I had a couple of dodging paddles), which I presume is akin to what you might consider real post. In this case all that I did was to reduce the dynamic range of the image, which greatly improved the sunlit patch at the lower right.

--
Dale H. Cook, decades as 35mm SLR photographer, now
Pentax K-70 w/ Pentax-DA 18-270mm walking-around lens