Thanks to all who commented.

The unkemptness of the cemetery is artfully maintained. It's very popular and
well looked-after, even though you have to pay an entrance fee these days.

While I was there with a pal who visiting the cemetery for the first time we
met a young man who asked us to take his picture as he introduced his week-old
son to the grave of his best friend who died young a few years ago. It was
quite touching.