The British TV Series House of Cards was in every respect superior to the
American imitation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Cards_(British_TV_series)

That being said, each series is rather tame compared to recent events in
Washington and London.  Is civilization about to disappear from both sides
of the North Atlantic?

One is able to discern an ultimate resolution of the American circus,
albeit a very messy one.  It is hard to conceive of where the British drama
will end.  The latest speculation is that the courts may wind up throwing
the PM into jil for refusing to obey the law recently passed by
Parliament.  Without a written constitution establishing separation of
powers, I don't see how this can be done, or how a stand-off between the PM
and Parliament can be resolved.

And then there is Jacob William Rees-Mogg, a truly fascinating character.
mHe seem the embodiment of an American's warped conception of an
upper-class Brit, something conceived by Monty Python or nurtured by
Jeeves.

Perhaps we could trade BoJo for The Donaldto0 see if that would somehow
facilitate progress on one shore of the pond or the other.

Dan Matyola