I finally took an afternoon to have another try at hummingbird photography with the Rokinon 650-1300mm. I swung the shepherd's crook pole around, and that let me put the camera in the hall outside the kitchen and change the zoom from 1100mm to 900mm. That gave me a slightly wider field of view at the cost of a little less depth of field. I only have juveniles left (the adults are headed south) but there is still a fair amount of traffic. I still have a long way to go in mastering the Rokinon but I expect to be shooting a number of other subjects with it this fall to get in some more practice.

https://plymouthcolony.net/photos/pages/hummers.html
--
Dale H. Cook, decades as 35mm SLR photographer, now
Pentax K-70 w/ Pentax-DA 18-270mm walking-around lens