Ann

You may have already sorted out your current problem but for any similar issues
in future you might like to download Softmaker Free Office.  It has an excellent
word processor that can read & write MS Word files and can export documents to
pdf.

It's an excellent package. I've been using a older version of the paid version
for years -  I've looked at the free version and it's more than capable.

https://www.freeoffice.com/en/

Cheers
Brian

Brian Walters