Am 29.12.19 um 03:44 schrieb Godfrey DiGiorgi:

There are simply so many things that are far far easier to get done quickly and
efficiently with Lightroom than with Photo RAW XXXX, I gave up on On1 Photo RAW
XXXX as a suitable replacement. I worked at it pretty seriously for three
weeks, after dabbling about with it for most of the past year, and came away
unimpressed.

I've been playing with ON1 Photo Raw some more, and it looks like I'll
let their great holiday offer go, bearing in mind that they've been
bombarding me per email with great offers for months on end. There will
certainly be another one in a week or two.

I've compared the results of the image export in Lightroom 6 (LR) and
ON1 Photo Raw 2020 (PR). In one example, I ended up with an export file
from LR where the license plate of a car in the picture was clearly
readable and totally unreadable in the file from PR. Overall,

There is very little control of the sharperning in PR's export module
and the settings ("Amazing Detail Finder" vs. "Fix Focus" or "Print
Glossy Portrait") are mysterious at best. Selecting "Screen" in PR, my
usual setting in LR for things I intend to blog or show on
Fotocommunity, gives a sharpening result I've last seen on the Amiga,
some 25 years ago: blurry with over-accentuated edges... horrible bokeh,
if you get the idea.

And then IT happened. PR crashed. Right in the middle of straightening a
photo. Never ever had a single crash with LR in all those years.

I've re-activated my old LR6 for the time being. The only thing that
irritates me is that in its start-up screen LR6 now shows as "Creative
Cloud Lightroom CC 2015.6.1" and I'm more than a little concerned about
what will happen once my CC subscription runs out at the end of February.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog  : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com