Hi Stan,

The Bank Holiday is May 4 - they are always on Mondays. Your fears are
justified. You can expect hotels and B&Bs to be booked well in advance. The
roads will be jammed, and delayed further by traffic accidents. The railways
will be packed, and delayed by strikes and unseasonal weather of one extreme or
the other. Airlines will be overbooked but it won’t matter because the French
air traffic controllers are on strike (but your airline has gone bust anyway)
and everybody has been camping in the airport for at least a week. That is the
traditional Bank Holiday. The only thing to do is stay at home or cycle or walk
to wherever you want to be. If you want to be in Guernsey then a ferry would
probably get you there and (one day) back again.

If things go to plan for me then by May I will be living somewhere on the South
Coast, most likely in exotic Worthing, planning to buy a small place in France,
and split my time between them. If that happens then a trip to Guernsey would
be great. But since it depends on somebody buying my house pdq I will just have
to wait and see.

Hasta luego,
Bob