On 3/25/2020 5:49 PM, David J Brooks wrote:
recently i started to copy over my pre 2005 CD's and DVD's to my external
hd's. A surprising number of them could not be read by the player

When I bought my first Drobo in around 2007 I transferred as many of my CDs as I could over to it. My oldest CD would have been less than 10 years old as I don't think I had a CD writer before 1998. I had a very spotty success rate even then, with CDs that were supposed to be "archival" failing to read.

bill