On Mon, 4 May 2020 at 21:25, Bill <anotherdrunken...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, somehow I have managed to not have any previews in Lightroom, so
> what is happening is that as I scroll through my pictures, it is
> building previews on the fly.
> As you can imagine, this is quite time consuming, as I have to scroll
> through the directory, wait for what is on the screen to build, and then
> scroll down to another blank section of screen and wait for previews to
> build, etc.
>
> Is there a way to get Lightroom to point to a directory and build
> previews without going to the effort of scrolling through all 36000 or
> so images on my hard drive?

Navigate to a folder, or All Photographs in the navigator then from the menu
Library / Previews / Build 1:1 Previews
or
Library / Previews / Build Standard Sized Previews
(and it'll probably prompt you with Build full previews for all photos
or only one? if you only had one photo selected.)

(This is on 5.7.1 for Windows.)

--
Eric