*I received this email today, and thought someone on the list might be
interested in this:*

You might be thinking, gee, I haven’t heard from Sarah in a while, she must
be taking a long vacation! But that’s not true… inspired by our recent
conversations and gatherings I am working with exceptionally talented
colleagues across the Museum on an update for this course that we will
launch in the fall. I can’t say more just yet, but please stay tuned. I
know you’re going to love it. In the meantime, we’ve gathered a smorgasbord
of videos into a single *Seeing Through Photographs playlist*
<https://eventing.coursera.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.3_rUv16XiBmYobjB74GoMAvugtGCItMJPdUgWKahBYw>
on
YouTube. You can scroll through it to find some of your favorites from the
course and from our virtual gatherings this spring and summer.

September will bring with it a whole host of exciting events, most notably
the launch of *Companion Pieces: New Photography 2020*
<https://eventing.coursera.org/redirectSigned/eyJrZXkiOiJlbWFpbC5saW5rLm9wZW4iLCJ2YWx1ZSI6eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3ByZXNzLm1vbWEub3JnL2V4aGliaXRpb24vbmV3LXBob3RvZ3JhcGh5LTIwMjAvP3V0bV9tZWRpdW09ZW1haWwmdXRtX3NvdXJjZT1vdGhlciZ1dG1fY2FtcGFpZ249b3BlbmNvdXJzZS4tcUFXVTVxWUVlV2RJUXFZVWtIM2F3LmFubm91bmNlbWVudHN-b3BlbmNvdXJzZS4tcUFXVTVxWUVlV2RJUXFZVWtIM2F3LndpTlhWWk9qU1dTTE5uTzBUeHg2MFEiLCJ0cmFja2luZyI6eyJ1c2VySWQiOjE4NTIyODI4LCJ1c2VyRW1haWwiOiJkYW5tYXR5b2xhQGdtYWlsLmNvbSIsIm5vdGlmaWNhdGlvblR5cGUiOiJvcGVuY291cnNlLmFubm91bmNlbWVudHMiLCJjYW1wYWlnbklkIjoib3BlbmNvdXJzZS4tcUFXVTVxWUVlV2RJUXFZVWtIM2F3LndpTlhWWk9qU1dTTE5uTzBUeHg2MFEiLCJjYW1wYWlnbkdyb3VwIjoib3BlbmNvdXJzZS4tcUFXVTVxWUVlV2RJUXFZVWtIM2F3LmFubm91bmNlbWVudHMiLCJsaW5rcyI6W119fSwidXNlcklkIjoxODUyMjgyOH0.nOOveVL6mh7vV3nMvfrK46PFXlprdjy-Sq23nrRCJFg>
(we
announced the eight participating artists last week!). Much more on that to
come.

On *Monday, September 14 at 7pm EDT* I will be moderating a virtual
conversation for Aperture between the three editors of an important new
publication: *To Make Their Own Way in the World: The Enduring Legacy of
the Zealy Daguerreotypes*. It’s free and you can *register here*
<https://eventing.coursera.org/redirectSigned/eyJrZXkiOiJlbWFpbC5saW5rLm9wZW4iLCJ2YWx1ZSI6eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2JpdC5seS8zMjlvZlN5P3V0bV9tZWRpdW09ZW1haWwmdXRtX3NvdXJjZT1vdGhlciZ1dG1fY2FtcGFpZ249b3BlbmNvdXJzZS4tcUFXVTVxWUVlV2RJUXFZVWtIM2F3LmFubm91bmNlbWVudHN-b3BlbmNvdXJzZS4tcUFXVTVxWUVlV2RJUXFZVWtIM2F3LndpTlhWWk9qU1dTTE5uTzBUeHg2MFEiLCJ0cmFja2luZyI6eyJ1c2VySWQiOjE4NTIyODI4LCJ1c2VyRW1haWwiOiJkYW5tYXR5b2xhQGdtYWlsLmNvbSIsIm5vdGlmaWNhdGlvblR5cGUiOiJvcGVuY291cnNlLmFubm91bmNlbWVudHMiLCJjYW1wYWlnbklkIjoib3BlbmNvdXJzZS4tcUFXVTVxWUVlV2RJUXFZVWtIM2F3LndpTlhWWk9qU1dTTE5uTzBUeHg2MFEiLCJjYW1wYWlnbkdyb3VwIjoib3BlbmNvdXJzZS4tcUFXVTVxWUVlV2RJUXFZVWtIM2F3LmFubm91bmNlbWVudHMiLCJsaW5rcyI6W119fSwidXNlcklkIjoxODUyMjgyOH0.V_ZrudWAN9FVnxk9Rq1InQRQO5BqViFw95xR5kRkqe4>
.

I hope you enjoy these dwindling summer days, and please know how grateful
I am for the STP community and the meaning you bring to our work!

Sarah
Dan Matyola
*https://tinyurl.com/DJM-Pentax-Gallery