Well, PJ, I disagree.

My wife has a K70, and the user interface is a mess if one is accustomed to
anything from the K10D onwards. I have never handled a KP, but its battery is
tiny and its AF is poor, even by Pentax standards, and its user interface
resembles neither the K10-7-5-3’s nor the K70’s.

Also, if you want to know just how bright Pentax marketing is, just ask
yourself: Why would any company take a product series and count DOWN rather
than UP in naming the models? Sheesh.

Dyspeptically,

Rick