> On 13 Sep 2020, at 19:07, Juan Buhler <juanbuh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My first real camera was an ME super with the M50/1.7. It was the silver
> model, just like probably 99%+ of them, at least thatś what the proportion
> of silver vs black ones seems to be.
>
> I […]
> So while I've moved to a Fuji X-T30 for my main photography (this is the
> closest you can get in digital to the feel of an MX, btw!), today I am
> going out with the ME-Super and a roll of Fujicolor 200. Plus the MX-1 just
> to shoot some DNGs as well and keep it Pentax.
>
> Just look at this beauty:
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/dgkvs93HrFCpjkNP7

Lovely - and I think you may be right about that Fuji!

Here’s the MX I bought new in 1979, gave up smoking for a year to pay for it. I
don’t have the 50/1.7 lens it came with - that was among a ton of stuff that
was stolen in 2000. That’s the 40mm pancake lens. I also have a 24-35/3.5 Lens
and a Winder MX. When I got the stuff out just now to take the picture the
wonder started whirring at me, which was a surprise as I didn’t realise it had
batteries in. I took them out - they are dated Mar 2002... now in the battery
recycling jar. The strap is an LX strap, the tripod an original Marchioni.

https://adobe.ly/3iqT1gI

https://adobe.ly/3keIDZT