> On 17 Sep 2020, at 09:10, Godfrey DiGiorgi <godfreydigio...@me.com> wrote:
>
> Leica has supported exporting user settings to the SD card and reloading
> them since the first Leica M digital camera was released. The M models, the
> T/TL/TL2/CL/SL/SL2 all have this functionality, some of the others too. My
> current CL model allows me to define five or six user profiles (plus the
> factory default profile) and export/import them as desired, transfer them to
> another CL, etc. You can't have multiple sets of user profiles without doing
> some manual naming/renaming of the export settings file outside of the camera
> with your computer, but what's there covers what I need very well anyway.

I’ve just had a quick look through the menu of my typ242 and I can’t see the
export option - enlighten me, please!

Mind you, the M menus and settings are so simple it’s no big deal rebuilding
them, unlike the Olympus and Fuji, which are a UI nightmare.

I guess on the Leicas which don’t have a TV on the back it’s fairly crucial to
be able to set things up with your smartphone.