NOT surprisingly, I agree with Bob...

heartbreaking..

ann

On 9/20/2020 1:26 PM, Bob Pdml wrote:
That Mother Goose shot is excellent.

On 20 Sep 2020, at 18:00, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:

I went for a bike ride yesterday, I took the K-1, ended up going through some
other burned out areas on hwy 236 aka Big Basin Way.

I stopped to take a photos of something else in the “fallen leaf” neighborhood
and this caught my eye
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/50362939082/in/album-72157716043467568/

About a block further up at the corner of Jamison Creek and big Basin Way I saw
this next to a burned out house.  It’s funny, I realized that in the moment,
the loss of a child’s toy affected me as much as the loss of the house
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/50362830461/in/album-72157716043467568/

This intersection was in the news back in June.  Someone saw a white parked
here with guns in it. To make a long story short it belonged to a right wing
extremist (boogaloo) who shortly thereafter murdered a deputy, nearly killing
his partner, and who it was later discovered had killed a cop two weeks before
in Oakland.  It’s been an overly interesting summer for our sleepy little
community.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/50362826386/in/album-72157716043467568/

A few weeks ago, someone posted a photo of a James Dean mural.  Years, and a
couple owners back, the owners of the Brookdale lodge had a similar mural
painted on a wall facing hwy 9.  Someone else bought the place, worked on
cleaning it up, and painted over the mural.  There was an incredible uproar
from all of the locals, so they hired someone else to paint a new one, which
sucked.  Another renovation cycle later, they were very close to reopening, and
Covid hit.  They do, now, have a much better mural than the last:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/50362836591/in/album-72157716043467568/

If you go down towards Salinas, you will see a lot of John Cerney’s work:
https://www.johncerneymurals.com/

I just liked the title of this article I found about him
https://carmelmagazine.com/archive/outstanding-in-his-field

Anybody who has driven South to Monterey on the coast has seen the whimisical
painting of someone loading a giant artichoke into a Nash metropolitan, itself
even larger than a real one which is at the bottom of this page
https://www.roadarch.com/signs/cerney.html

Full set from yesterday.  Again, it’s a bit large as it’s a lot of
documentation:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/albums/72157716043467568

I have come to the conclusion that of the natural disasters I’ve experienced so
far, wildfires are my least favorite.

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com