I don’t think it was ever meant for serious photographers, but most of the
worlds best photographers seem to use it. Not all of them are serious though.
I’m looking at you, Elliott Erwitt. :0)

I don’t have a PC at the moment, maybe never again, so I can’t test what you’re
asking for. I use just my iPhone and my iPad. I might dig out my Linux laptop
sometime in the next year or two, but not right now.