Am 02.12.20 um 23:37 schrieb P. J. Alling:

Back to my original point.  I just received my "new", refurbished
actually, Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 from KEH.com

I have the slightly slower version for a number of years and I'm still
quite fond of it.

Coincidentally, I've just posted a photo taken with it on fotocommunity,
earlier tonight.

https://www.fotocommunity.com/photo/baelskaai-fotoralfbe/44603350

So why didn't I get the Pentax DA* 11-18 f2.8 or Pentax DA 12-24 f4.0?

I was before the same dilemma at the time, well for me it was the Pentax
12-24 mm. A search for my usual kind of night shots taken with the
Pentax lens on various sites revealed some strong tendency to flare
around spotlights etc. so the Sigma lens won out and I've never looked back.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog  : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com