At 15:41 12-6-2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Wednesday, June 12, 2002, 9:46:27 AM, you wrote:
>
>BJ> Just wondering what the general consciences is on APS film format.
>
>BJ> A few years ago, it was introduced with great fan fare as the next
>BJ> revolution in film. Doesn't seem to have made much of an impact and it is
>BJ> not that easy to get at times. In its defense, I purchased a Canon
>ELPH Jr.
>BJ> a while back and it uses the APS system and I am impressed. The ELPH is
>BJ> small enough that it can fit into a shirt pocket and the results from the
>BJ> APS are not bad... I like the multiple formats.
>
>BJ> From what I hear, there have not been any new APS cameras introduced
>lately
>BJ> so I am wondering what its future is.
>
>BJ> Cheers,
>BJ> John
>
>BJ> Nova Scotia
>BJ> Canada

A year or three back I bought a Canon Ixus (Elph?) in APS because of the
small size and gorgeous looks.
When the Digital Ixus came out I bought that because I loved the size and
the design of it.
I have since sold the APS Ixus (while I could still get some money for it!)
The appeal of the small size of the APS cameras is there, it has just been
superceded by digital. Once the digital Ixus came out, I had no more need
for the APS as they both served the same purpose. My feeling is that a lot
of other people will be thinking the same.

Wendy

---
Wendy Beard
Ottawa, Canada