On Feb 24, 2021, at 9:59 PM, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:

>> On Feb 24, 2021, at 9:54 PM, Godfrey DiGiorgi <godfreydigio...@me.com> wrote:
>> I just turn AF off and focus manually. Much faster and simpler. :)
>
> Depends on which Pentax body.  Like I said, with my K100, K2 & Kx that was
> true.  I forget which one you’re using these days?  You seem to change your
> cameras more frequently than some members of this list change their underwear.

I haven't had a Pentax body since I sold the K-01 about five or six years ago.
(I had *ist DS, K10D, and K-01 over the period of years from 2004 to 2015.)
Still have the Pentax-L 43mm f/1.9 Special lens, used on the Leica CL body.

"…change your cameras more frequently than…"?

In digital cameras, I've had the same Leica CL since 2018, the same Olympus
E-M1 since 2013, the same Light L16 since 2017, and the same Olympus E-1 since
2007. That goes for most of the lenses for those cameras as well. I added the
Hasselblad 907x and three lenses, and the Panasonic GX9 and one lens last year.
They all get used a good bit.

In film cameras, well, I can't count how many I have easily. But the ones that
come to mind as recent purchases are the 6x6 pinhole camera (about 2014), the
Hasselblad 500CM (about 2012), the Fuji GS645S (2019), the Voigtlander Perkeo
II (about 2005), the Polaroid SX-70 variants (four of them, acquired from 2011
to 2018), the Rollei 35S (1989), the Minox 35GT-E (1998), about five Minox 8x11
subminis (acquired from 1990 to 1999), the Leica M4-2 (2012) and a small litter
of other instant film, Berning Robot, 35mm SLRs, 35mm point and shoots, etc.
The Mamiya Press 23 Super (2018).

Yes, I have a lot of cameras. I don't buy and sell them particularly quickly. I
do enjoy them. I make photographs with them, changing from one to the next as
whim and ideas surface. I'm working on a set of about 70 photographs right now
that were made with the Polaroids, for example, over a period of about five
months. And with a similar set of photos made with the Hasselblad. And with the
Leica CL, and with the pinhole camera … and … :)

Manual focus is still the simplest and fastest way for me to accurately focus a
camera, regardless of all the AF conveniences in modern cameras, and any
specific camera.

—
"No matter where you go, don't trip over another camera."
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List