Larry, you shoot such a variety of stuff in many different scenarios so I am quite sure making use of stored user modes (& tweaking them from time-to-time) is the answer.

Many years ago I used a H/H meter & Sunny-16 quite successfully. The ME Super coaxed me into AV mode which I still mostly use. The K7 had TAV but it was only useful in bright light because the ISO had to be kept below 800. The K5 is much better & I now use TAV H/H at 400-500mm. Jack Davis had a standard formula using TAV (f-8 &1/2000sec) with his K3 & D-FA 150-450. So, no need to save my settings.

Alan C