It is what Mike Johnston, and I seldom agree with Mike Johnston, would call a camera at the point of "sufficiency".   Which is one of the things that are killing the Photo equipment manufacturing industry.  It's got more resolution than most people need, more dynamic range than most people understand, decent though not spectacular auto focus and a solid build that feels good in the hand.  The biggest competitor to a manufactures new camera is that manufactures product from two too three generations back, and with digital gear the price drop is nothing short of stupefying over a couple of generations.  Oh, and a really decent viewfinder.