On 4/1/2021 17:07:04, Mark Roberts wrote:
John wrote:

Looks like there are going to be some changes post covid.

The Nature Photography Weekend & the Camera Clinic are going to be combined into
The Grandfather Mountain Photography Weekend. August 14 & 15

https://grandfather.com/event/grandfather-mountain-photography-weekend/

I've been in communication with Frank at GFM. The nature museum and
auditorium are currently under construction and undergoing massive
upgrades, so they aren't available for use. So with no food services
and no place to hold the photo presentations or contest and awards
there's no way they can hold a Nature Photography Weekend. They're
doing a much more low-key event (everything outdoors) in August this
year.

That's what it says in the link.

"Due to COVID-19 and ongoing renovation to the Grandfather Mountain Nature Museum, the nonprofit nature park’s annual Nature Photography Weekend and Camera Clinic have been combined into one event for 2021"

Maybe next year it will go back to being separate weekends or maybe the new format will work well and they'll decide to keep on with it.

But it does say:

"The annual Nature Photography Weekend photo contest will also return."

Will the Doug & Mark show return with it?

%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List