It’s been a few years since I discovered Otter Rock between Newport and Depoe
Bay.  Somehow on previous visits I totally missed Devil’s Punchbowl (not to be
confused with Devil’s churn in Perpetua).

At high tide, flushing the punchbowl:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/51139487905/in/album-72157719023434163/

A couple days later, closer to low tide when you can get into the punchbowl:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/51138604123/in/album-72157719023434163/

The big challenge at low tide is trying to get photos with the crowds of other
people who also want to check it out.

Another lesson learned is to not only bring something to dry splashes off the
lens, but to actually check it for splashes

Full set:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157719023434163/

and while I’m at it, some other photos from around Otter Rock
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157719023495363/

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com