Dragonflies are indeed interesting insects.
Fortunately they are not so large as they were hundreds of million years ago.

Henk

Op 2021-06-14 om 10:17 schreef Alan C:
After seeing your Green-Eyed Hawker shots I started delving on the Web and was absolutely amazed. It seems as if Dragonflies are extensively studied & photographed world wide and they have such a variety of captivating common names. Some even migrate. I have always been aware of many different Dragonflies in SA but have never dug very deep.  Obviously some people are making a living out of books & checklists.

Alan C