As far as I know, Painted Ladies are the only butterflies to occur on every continent.

Alan C

On 15-Jun-21 09:35 PM, Henk Terhell wrote:
Dan. very interesting these pictures and your efforts to breed these butterflies.
Painted ladies are also flying in our region in summer.
They are surviving winter in northern Africa and southern Europe and the first generation in spring are flying to northern Europe. Their population differs much from year to year. This year I haven't spotted one so far but plenty have been reported by others.

Henk

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List