John -

I think jAlbum is probably hands down the best gallery software available for a reasonable price.  It comes in two flavors - Standard and Pro - with the difference being the Pro allows you to use it for sales and have a shopping cart.  Otherwise, the features are the same.  There is a wide variety of skins available or you can customize your own and, unlike some others, you can have your own site rather than uploading to the "company" site. The Standard is $49 and includes a year of updates.  After a year the software is still yours to use but you get no further updates without an annual purchase.

https://jalbum.net/en/software/features

-p