Yesterday I received a rearing kit from Monarch Watch:
https://www.monarchwatch.org/
https://shop.monarchwatch.org/product/Rearing-Kit/113232

The kit contains fourteen to sixteen first instar monarch larvae
(caterpillars) which arrive in small cups with concentrated milkweed plant
extract.  I carefully transferred the cups to a net cage containing a
potted Milkweed plant.

My earlier group of larvae came from Rose Franklin's Perennials, and came
packed with Milkweed leaves:
http://www.monarchs-and-milkweed.com/Monarch%20Larvae.htm

The US one cent coin is for size comparison:

http://dan-matyola.squarespace.com/danmatyolas-pesos/2021/6/23/tiny

K-5 IIs with SMC DA 55 mm F 2.8 Macro Limited
Comments, criticisms, suggestions, and questions are invited and
appreciated.

Dan Matyola
*https://tinyurl.com/DJM-Pentax-Gallery
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List