Why would I need to confirm it. It's just something odd I noticed. If you want to confirm it, find your own voices.

If it was signal processing in the brain it wouldn't go away when I change position in the bed.

I wouldn't have noticed it at all if it wasn't just at that one spot and only at certain times of the day. It's almost always between sunrise & noon, except for when it's late, Late at night.

Whoever owns the radio/TV sometimes has insomnia as bad as mine.

The pattern is what intrigues me. Talk interspersed with music that sounds like commercials & occasional (laugh track) laughter.

Also sometimes there's more than one voice like they're having some kind of on-air conversation. Whoever has the radio/TV is doesn't listen to the same station all the time. I can hear a difference in the musical interludes.

I've been told by audiologists that I have particularly acute hearing, well above average (even after all those years in the Army).

Hell, there's got to be something about me that's above average, and I guess hearing is it.