I only ever use manual focus for these kinds of subjects and shooting
situations. I pick the framed field I want to catch the car or plane in, find
something static to set the focus, and then just follow and frame until the
subject hits my "release the shutter" mark, which depends on the particular
cameras response time.

It just takes some practice. :)

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List