checking in ..
NYC broadcast this morning 10" in 'some parts of the city"  and it is still raining, supposed to be raining all day.  Flash flooding alerts all over.. havent been out since early Saturday AM.  Certain areas of Tennessee got the 16" .. we are playing catch-up ..

 counting my blessings -- the area I"m in got particularly hard hit in terms of power outs during Sandy  and somehow I think that is why power outs have not
been more than flickers - in years since..

ann