On Wed, Sep 01, 2021 at 01:58:57AM -0400, John wrote:
> 35mm film cameras based on relevance today:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piHi1dvsGX0&t=1s

Well, in 1982 I still had the MX I'd bought back in '76, and an ME
(although the ME would be replaced the next year by a Super Program).
A friend of mine had an A1.  In fact we'd both had those cameras in
1978 when we ended up on a work assignment in New Zealand for a year,
and we'd each become quite familiar with the other person's cameras.

The Nikon F2 was a camera I had looked at, but decided that by then
I was sufficiently invested in the Pentax system to make swapping
a rather expensive option. And, in any case, if I felt the need for
something beyond the MX there was always the LX to consider.
I never found a compelling reason to get an LX, and by that time I
was definitely a fan of the small size of the M-body cameras.
That trusty MX, together with the Super Program for auto-exposure,
were what I had in my camera bag up until 1995, when I got a PZ-1p
to replace the Super Program.  In fact I've still got that original
MX (and a used black one I bought as a spare in 2000 when I stopped
off at Samy's Camera in Los Angeles to pick up some film on my way
to shoot the Indycar Long Beach Grand Prix, and spotted the camera
in their 'as-is' used camera display with a questionable metering
system, but a tested and accurate shutter). [That Long Beach trip
is also where I met Paul Stenquist] I've since picked up the motor
drive for the MX, which was capable of shooting 5fps - not bad for
a film camera!
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List