First, I want to thank Brian once again for his efforts on behalf of the
group and the fine gallery he has assembled this month, and every month for
quite a while now.

There are quite a few interesting and effective images in this month's
gallery.

My cofavorites are "On the Reservation," by Joseph Tainter and "Deere on
the Roadside," by Don Guthrie.

Joseph's image of the great American west is stunning in its simplicity and
composition, with eye-catching clouds and the mystery of the road seemingly
going nowhere.  The lonely mailbox, securely padlocked, gives a feeling of
strength and solitude, and certainly fits the theme to a T.

Don's image is a great find, full of humor and color, and fitting the theme
as well as anything could.  The road going off to nowhere (once again) adds
mystery and frames the image well.

I also love Ann's "Slow Delivery," which I believe I have seen before.  The
boat adds to the ambiance, but its location and relative brightness
detracts from the main subject of the image, to my eye, at least.

Lastly, Filip Nicolaï's "Curiosity?" is a delightful image full of color
and humor and good composition.

Overall, a small but fine gallery.

Dan Matyola
*https://tinyurl.com/DJM-Pentax-Gallery