I've used a number of these programs some are better than others but few of the paid versions actually work better than the free ones.  Try Photorec, if the card is simply erased, or even if the directory structure is gone, if it can still be accessed by your OS it should work.

https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec#Operating_systems

It can be a bit confusing as there are two different packages that seem to do exactly the same thing, just have different names.