On Dec 28, 2021, at 11:39 PM, Henk Terhell <henk.terh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For me it is not unusual to see clusters of mushrooms on dead and
> almost dead trees.Seeing fungi on the trunk of a living tree is
> usually a bad sign.
> My own record is this picture of honey fungi:
> https://flic.kr/p/2hvrRRR

Wow, that's impressive. My daughter liked it too.

The fungus on our tree is quite large and it's right down at the base. We had a
smaller tree down by the river which split and fell in a storm a few months
ago. That one was rotten inside with fungus on its trunk that we hadn't
noticed. We've been thinking about getting some arborists in at some stage
anyway, sadly the two trees with fungus were ones I'd been wanting to keep.

Cheers,
Dave
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List