FWIW, it came through from g-mail.

On 2/1/2022 9:08 AM, Alan Cole wrote:
I am posting this tale because I have been having severe e-mail
difficulties of late. Hopefully it will reach the list. If it fails from my
Vox account I will try my g-mail account.

This photo is not of much merit & is merely intended as part of the story.
A heavy crop of a shot with the K5 & Sigma 170-500 @ 500mm. About 10 of
them in that hole. They shot off as soon as they heard the shutter. They
know I hate them & hurriedly fly off whenever they see me!

Growing veg. & fruit in Phalaborwa is problematic because of the Mousebirds
& Monkeys. The Mousebirds go for anything soft, even the hearts of small
Pawpaw trees. The locusts of the Lowveld! Aluminium foil plates hung from
poles helps a bit. The local "swarm" is about 40 strong. The Monkeys love
Avos & Mangoes & even dig out carrots! I grow all the susceptible veg.
behind wire now.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wisselstroom/51856437149/

Alan C
--