Lovely old edifice, Dan.  Years ago I shot a Russian Orthodox wedding and was impressed with the amount of symbolism in the ceremony - more than I  encountered in the Catholic or Protestant weddings I have done.  And yet, I was surprised with how liberal that particular priest was.  I always checked with the officiant several days before a wedding to ask about their particular photographer's rules, as many had limitations about where you could go during the ceremony.  For this wedding the priest said I could shoot from anywhere as long as I didn't climb up on the altar behind him.  😉

-p