Craziest thing happened today.
I have a Cottage Food biz & Fridays are my Roast Day & free delivery in the
area day. One of my regular customers messaged me this morning & said a
little birdie had told them that I was interested in astronomy and would I
be interested in a 6’ long telescope because it was in a house that was
part of an estate and they needed to rehome it. Would probably be
affordable, she said. I was put in touch with the disposal person and asked
how affordable “affordable” might be. They said they were hoping to get
$50. I said I could do that and it was in my possession within the hour.

The telescope is a homemade Dobsonian with a 12” mirror and mirror coatings
that by themselves was $200. The scope has a Moonlight Crawford focused
that is worth $300-400. All together everything is worth an easy $2K. 😳

Here are the Pentax pieces:
https://i.imgur.com/Swm5LDF.jpg
They are worth around $200 each (used).

The 12” diameter is going to be a major upgrade from my 8” dob, allowing me
to see much fainter objects!

Darren Addy
Kearney, NE

--
“The Earth is Art, The Photographer is only a Witness ”
― Yann Arthus-Bertrand, Earth from Above