Doublecheck camera settings to make sure nothing was inadvertently changed?

-p

On 9/4/2022 10:01 AM, Rick Womer wrote:
Last spring we took a walk in Morris Arboretum, where the spring blossoms
offered lots of photographic fodder. Alas, when I got home, the card had
thumbnail JPGs on it, but no DNG files. As usual I erased the card (SanDisk
Extreme Pro) in the camera after transferring the files to my computer.

Last week we toured Winterthur, a beautiful DuPont estate about an hour away.
Again I took about a hundred photos. When i put the SD card into the reader, I
got a screen full of thumbnails from Winterthur and the flea market in the
parik a couple of weeks ago, all stirred together (even though the card had
been erased).  No DNGs.

I have four SD cards, of which three were indistinguishable until I numbered
them yesterday. I checked each of them with the Mac Disk Utility, and they all
passed.

Any ideas apart from buying a new set of cards?  Is there any way to
distinguish a card failure from a camera failure?

Rick

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List

Paul Sorenson
Studio1941

Sooner or later "different" scares people.
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List